REI Comes Out In Favor Of Gay Marriage, But Backlash May Be

Berehat sekejap, khas untuk sembang kosong yang mana tidak berkaitan dengan aktiviti pergunungan

Moderator: matsaiko

khairil
Pendaki Gunung

REI Comes Out In Favor Of Gay Marriage, But Backlash May Be

Post by khairil » 16 Aug 2012, 09:26

Copy dari sebuah web..

A popular outdoor retailer could be facing a Starbucks-like boycott after speaking out in favor of gay marriage in Washington state.

Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI) CEO and President Sally Jewell detailed her company's stance in a blog spot penned to the 11,000 employees of the company, which was founded in 1938 by a group of Pacific Northwest mountaineers.

"A few weeks ago, my husband Warren and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. We’ve been on a journey through life together since our first date on my 18th birthday, raising our two children, changing jobs, moving to various places, and witnessing the challenges and joys of our relationship and those of our parents, three of them through end-of-life," Jewell wrote in the post. "For heterosexual couples, it is very easy to take for granted the legal and societal benefits of marriage—health care benefits, retirement benefits, insurance, death benefits, healthcare decisions, child-rearing and custody, and many more, not to mention the meaning of the commitment of marriage that was so vivid to us as we introduced each other as husband or wife for the first time."

Untuk bacaan lanjut :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 ... ostpopular

Disclaimer:
Untuk perhatian individu (aku le tu) yg share cerita ni 100% straight dan tidak sama sekali menyapot (support) sbrg aktiviti LGBT di atas.
What a mountain do to men, it humbles you
------------------------------------------
Gunung Mu, Gunung Ku Jua